While Penn State is what brings thousands of students to this area of Pennsylvania, it is the charming atmosphere and great times at State College that make students love where they live and study. Students residing in this area will be able to find apartments near PSU that are either just a walk away or a short commute by car or bus. But before you take the exit off Interstate 99, it’s helpful to know what resources and exciting destinations are available nearby. Use this guide to State College apartments to learn the ins and outs of this great area.
Places To Go In State College, PA
The city offers various attractions — there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
- Center for the Performing Arts: At the Center for the Performing Arts at Penn State, you can catch great performances from plays, opera, ballets, musical performances and much more. It is a guaranteed fun time for any aficionados of the arts.
- Beaver Stadium: During football season, there is nothing better than supporting the Lions at Beaver Stadium. The electrifying atmosphere created by the fans is one that needs to be experienced. You can also participate in The White Out tradition where all the fans dress in white to intimidate the opposing team.
- Arboretum at Penn State: The Arboretum is a 395-acre site that offers all nature lovers the opportunity to learn and appreciate the beauty of the botanical gardens. It also has a conservatory and greenhouses, an education center, a giant sundial and much more.
Restaurants In State College, PA
Like any great city, State College has its own delicious local restaurants that are bound to have you returning over and over again.
- Penn State Berkey Creamery: Do you love Ben & Jerry’s ice cream? Well, Berkey Creamery is where Ben and Jerry were trained. This is the largest university creamery in American and has been producing delicious ice cream since 1865. If anyone has perfected the art of ice cream making, it’s Berkey Creamery; even U.S. presidents have stopped by for a scoop.
- The Original Waffle Shop: Forget IHop when you can have breakfast at the Original Waffle Shop. Lines can often get long but there’s a reason for it — breakfast here is worth the wait. Not only are their waffles delicious but they’re also huge, so make sure to come hungry.
- Otto’s Pub & Brewery: When you’re in the mood for burgers and beer, Otto’s Pub & Brewery is the only answer. Not only do they serve a wide selection of in-house and local beers, they also craft some of the finest burgers in town.
- The Tavern: The Tavern is a colonial-style eatery that has been around since 1948. While it’s not an everyday thing for students due to its higher prices, The Tavern is always the go-to spot after graduation. Everything from their seafood to their steak is a delicacy that will make you wish you had gone more often.
Student Neighborhoods In State College, PA
When moving to a new area, it is important to know about the neighborhoods to determine what would be the best location for you. Different parts of a town will offer different lifestyles and have their own unique atmospheres. In order to ensure that you will be happy with your apartment choice and the location where you are residing, you should know the best and most popular student neighborhood choices for apartments near campus.
- Downtown: Downtown, where The Metropolitan at State College is located, provides the best option for PSU off campus housing because of its proximity to campus. This area is one of the most lively and eclectic in the city, sporting a wide array of locale flare with multiple restaurants, shops, bars, and other forms of nightlife scattered throughout. It’s also home to festivals, a music scene, and other entertainment. For anyone who likes vibrant life day and night, downtown is the place to be.
- The Highlands: The Highlands borders Penn State’s campus and is home to many Greek fraternities with a neighborhood mixed of permanent residents as well as students. Its location is ideal for those who are considering rushing and being part of Greek life, The Highlands is a perfect neighborhood.
- Waupelani: The area that runs along Waupelani Drive offers students the best of both worlds. It’s removed enough from campus to provide a break from the commotion but is still close enough to reach campus without much trouble. Restaurants and nightlife options are also only a couple minutes away. The region offers a variety of student housing State College residents can trust to meet their needs.
Apartments In State College, PA
State College is a place many students are happy and proud to call home, and for good reason. The atmosphere in this college town is like none other and both students and residents tend to have a great time living here. For the perfect luxury apartments to meet your needs, contact The Metropolitan at State College today.